Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOKS FLEXY!

So whats the deal behind this? I know its some sort of joke, but how did it start? I need a little mtbr.com history lesson.

·
Registered
238 Posts
pride in age.

What does it mean

i get the vibe that is has to do with single pivots and their tendency to have side to side play and "flex"

is that completely wrong?

or heading there?

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Captain Snakebite said:
LOOKS FLEXY!

So whats the deal behind this? I know its some sort of joke, but how did it start? I need a little mtbr.com history lesson.
Actually, it is a combo of "fly" (or flawless) and "sexy". It is a complement, but has been misused so much that it is almost it's own antonym... and the beginning of many stupid arguments. You know, somebody says "looks flexy" and then someone says "what the hell are you, an engineer?" And guy #2 is totally missing the point....

But when it is misused (that POS looks flexy... referring to a walmart bike or something), nobody argues because they are talking about frame flex.

Cables are always flexy... but some are flexier than others...

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Uncle Six Pack said:
Actually, it is a combo of "fly" (or flawless) and "sexy". It is a complement, but has been misused so much that it is almost it's own antonym... and the beginning of many stupid arguments. You know, somebody says "looks flexy" and then someone says "what the hell are you, an engineer?" And guy #2 is totally missing the point....

But when it is misused (that POS looks flexy... referring to a walmart bike or something), nobody argues because they are talking about frame flex.

Cables are always flexy... but some are flexier than others...
dare i say it? :confused:

ur post looks flexy

1 - 20 of 105 Posts