Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, does anyone ride lookout mtn? It's not a big preserve but close enough to my house to get a quick workout in before work. I spoke with a ranger and she said not many mtn bikers but bikes are permitted on the mtn. Thanks for any input.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I ride the lower section occasionally since it's more fun than riding the road back to the house. I start at the park (NE side of the Mtn) and stay on the Southern side until I drop down to the house (on 13th St). The trails are pretty cool but have lots of loose sections. It's good for a pre-work ride though.

·
Keep it Simple Stupid!!!
359 Posts
You must be referring to the Lookout MTN circumference trail?l

I ridden it as part of a T100/T25 ride. I belive it's considered T308? Yes its loose and rocky in spots like the climb out of the park. I had only ridden it once and had the place to my self. It's actually a good work out and trains you to deal with loose conditions.
SF:crazy: :crazy:

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
That's the one! My first time riding it was on my Dual Slalom/Jump bike setup as SS with 24" wheels. It was interesting to say the least..:eek:ut:

·
The British ClimbMinister
53 Posts
Try it at night - there are fewer hikers and you can't see the exposure. Plus all the rocks are softer when you fall off.

·
Keep it Simple Stupid!!!
359 Posts
Yeah that's the trail

YuriB said:
If you get the right connector from T100 just past the corral by Tapatillo it makes for a nice lollipop addition to a ride.
You take T25 north though the golf cource undet THunderbird then a littlestreet riding to Lookout MTN .:crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I live nearby and frequently insert this at the beginning and/or end of rides that start from my house. the section in the picture is part of the good stuff, which is actually really nice single track. I call it the 'middle line' because as you navigate around there is a low trail, a middle trail, and ridgeline trail that is literally on top. The ridgeline is too much for a XC type like me. There are also numerous spurs that connect from the middle trail to the ridgeline at the saddles. Some of those are rideable too.

I haven't connected via the golf course for a while not that it would be a bad way to go. Another approach is to turn north just before or right after the tunnel under CaveCreek road. The trail dips and crosses the wash. Riight now there is a mud puddle there. Take that trail nort to Thunderbird and cross (just west of Home Depot. You can ride up 20st from there to the park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.