Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.....I am new to the site and fairly new to Mountain biking. Last season was my first one and i love it!!!!! I currently have a Yeti AS-R SL with Fox F100 RLT (100mm) on the front and a Fox Float RP3 on the back. In the year that i have been riding i have progressed rapidly and have outgrown my bike. I ride a little to aggressive downhill for only 100m of travel and i feel as though i am going to break my bike:) I have been looking at the Yeti 575 and also the new Yeti AS-R 7 which seems to be a 575 with 7in of travel. I have test rode both of them and they are great bikes. the 575 seems to climb a little better but the difference is negligible. I am also looking into just upgrading my frame with new components to make it a more aggressive bike but am not sure if that is just putting a band aid on the larger problem of needing a beefier frame. I am 6'0 250 and want to get the bike that will best serve me for the next 5 yearrs or so. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
wildkyle90 said:
Yes XC bikes are meant to bee more lightweight, not extreme durability for the rough stuff. if your not worried about weight, consider a beefy bike for rougher trails
i dont have money for a new bike...the bike is ok...its just the fork that needs chainging...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.