Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to relocate to Greenville from Michigan, anyone know of engineering/design openings? I have a couple of leads but nothing concrete. I'm currently a Design Engineer in the automotive industry and use Unigraphics and a little Catia V5. I've mostly designed sheet metal stampings and injection molded plastic parts for GM and DCX.
If anyone has leads please contact me via PM. Would consider other fields other than automotive.
thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know of any actual job openings but you can try Magna Drive, Lockheed, and BMW. Any one of those may have something suitable to your skills especially Magna Drive and BMW. There are a few injection molding companies around here but I can't say much about them being that I work in the IT industry. Good luck relocating. I've heard the job market in Michigan is one of the worst in the country right now.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Try Floor Daniel as they always have openings. You will love it down here as Greenville is a nice place to live. The housing market is still affordable, but has been on the rise for the past few years as many people have been moving here. The county is growing fast and more jobs and companies are moving here. We are building one of the largest automotive research centers off I-85 will a wind tunnel. I know there will be some jobs there for you. I don’t know the name of the place or companies running it though. The riding here is good at Paris Mt. where you can get 2 hours of good riding in and if you want more about 45mins away is Ashville NC were some of the best riding in the US is. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Cecil

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. I've been to Ashville a couple of times and loved it. Hopefully I can find something. It sounds like a great area to live. The auto industry here is in a little trouble, my current position is stable for now, but it can change quickly.
If anyone is in the design/engineering field let me know and I'll shoot you my resume. Most companies have recruiting incentives.
thanks again,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.