Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be lookin to relocate to the g junction area in a few yrs when the kid is off to college and was wondering if the electrical and nurseing fields are in demand in the area. also how is the living situation there??

·
Registered
511 Posts
At this time, GJ is experiencing a "boom" economy, with VERY low unemployment and more jobs available than skilled people to fill them. This is due to the stupendous/horrendous gas & oil exploration going on in the Western Slope area. Lots of jobs in oil & gas and in construction. Nursing jobs should be plentiful, as the oil/gas workers seem bent on killing themselves driving back-and-forth to work.

Here's a link to the GJ Sentinel, where you can check the want ads.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/

BTW- House prices here are STILL on the rise, with the "average house" fetching about $200K or more.

Good luck!

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
I have a great job that pays me very little, but has excellent benefits. They also don't require me to do much actual "work" so it all comes out in the wash. :)

It's this non-profit here that has about 500 employees, and they have their hand in all sorts of human services. So the nursing thing would fly. Possibly electrical too with the maint. dept.

The company is called Hilltop Community Resources. Every year we're rated one of the "top 100 companies to work for in CO" so check it out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the info!! i will be out this late summer early fall to ride and explore . my younger bro ,who lives in steamboat, will be meeting us there . i plan on lookin into property and stuff then also. i know how great the ridin is:thumbsup: , but i also need to board and climb some too !! is powderhorn any good ?? i looked at the prices there and if its ok that would be great for something close. cheap "inexpensive" is always good!!

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
Long Range Planning

cquigdownunder said:
i will be lookin to relocate to the g junction area in a few yrs when the kid is off to college and was wondering if the electrical and nurseing fields are in demand in the area. also how is the living situation there??
I don't even know if I will be alive in a few years. I hope GJ is still here then.

Plenty of work to be had around here if you have the right skills. Nursing, and Geology (oil & gas type) are big ones now.

TJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.