Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been doing the downhill and XC thing for a while and, have always wanted to try urban stuff. I'm just looking for a good, cheap, intro bike that would work well for dirtjump and urban things. We have a local bmx track and local dirt jumps so something that can ride that would be great. any input appreciated.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Satiro said:
Are there cheaper ones than that?
Not really. $675 for the DK Asterik is about a cheap as you can go and still have a rad bike.

See, the thing with dirt jumpers is you have to have a better shock fork than the typical cross country fork that comes on cheaper mtb's. Forks are expensive.

The Specialized P1 is $940.

If you want cheap, you should consider riding 24" bmx cruiser or 20" bmx instead.

DK Cygnus 24" is $299 complete.

·
ride like you stole it
680 Posts
I've been thinking of getting a dedicated street/dj bike lately, and you really can't find one new for as cheap as a bmx or bmx cruiser. I'm thinking I may have to go to the dark side and just get a 20".

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
sikemola said:
the khs dj05 is prob the cheapest http://www.khsbicycles.com/01_dj_05_09.htm im trying to get rid of my dh bike to buy it
it's a good looking bike.... but as i said above, better to avoid RST forks. i may be wrong--maybe someone out there can testify to RST's being okay...but every one i have ridden on other people's bikes (about 4 of them) feels terrible... they are just mush down...very sluggish rebound... the only way i could make it decently rideable was to pump the air PSI way up so that it was basically rigid.

i would much rather have a Marzocchi DJ3 that comes on the DK Asterik.

·
Registered
23 Posts
cmc4130 said:
it's a good looking bike.... but as i said above, better to avoid RST forks. i may be wrong--maybe someone out there can testify to RST's being okay...but every one i have ridden on other people's bikes (about 4 of them) feels terrible... they are just mush down...very sluggish rebound... the only way i could make it decently rideable was to pump the air PSI way up so that it was basically rigid.

i would much rather have a Marzocchi DJ3 that comes on the DK Asterik.
yea every ones been sayin about the fork but ill jsut toss another par of forks on i like how the bike sits

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ethowildlife said:
^^ this thread was almost a year old till your replied to it :thumbsup: :nono:
F-it. . . i know what you mean, but then again what's the problem with that??? it's the same substantive answer . . . . what really gets old for those of us who like to post answers is constantly posting the same answer to essentially the same question. hopefully the point of these boards is that knowledge gets increased. not constantly sucking into a vacuum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.