Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wouldn't pay that for a nearly 10 year old bike. I personally would stay away. He's trying to sell it for nearly half of what he paid for it, 9 years ago. If I sold my 2010 575 right now, I probably wouldn't even be able to get half of what I paid for it, and it's only a year old.

·
Registered
361 Posts
nightofthefleming said:
I wouldn't pay that for a nearly 10 year old bike. I personally would stay away. He's trying to sell it for nearly half of what he paid for it, 9 years ago. If I sold my 2010 575 right now, I probably wouldn't even be able to get half of what I paid for it, and it's only a year old.
Actually only a third of what he claims he paid for it (575/1700 = .338). Certainly better than $850... I bought the same exact bike in '02 for 1,800, so I don't think the 1,700 is wrong.

That having been said, if I could put my old fork and shock back on mine and get $575, I'd be thrilled! I don't claim to know what it's actually worth, but if it's in good shape, it's certainly a serviceable ride. From the pictures, it doesn't look like its been used very much.

What is a good rule of thumb for a 9 year old bike in good shape - 25% of original sales price?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.