Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im kinda new to all of this and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what to get that wont break the bank and is of good quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is kinda like a wide open ? like what type of riding will you be doing ? are you a clyde guy ,etc.?
For just riding street, some trails CC you can't go wrong with Trek , Gary Fisher, Kona, Jamis. I myself ride a gary fisher paragon 2009 that I bought off a local dude on craigslist. mainly due to the setup was what I wanted. Now on the flip side, I come from being a flatland, dirt jumper bmx'r. I like pump tracks, going to the local ski places ,and doing slope style riding. more less DH kinda sorta. My ride is set up single speed ,but I have bought and purchased a few things to make it my own. if you get what I am saying.. I just turned 40 ,and I still like to shred, and push that freaking envelope. lol
I didn't like the handlebar setup even though the last guy had high end goods. but I wanted to make it my own. yes I sold his easton monkey bar carbon lite, and stem for a rental duo stem, and fat bar lite carbon bar. clip pedals to platform, etc. But that is me, and may not be you.
IMG_2102.jpg IMG_2134.jpg IMG_2136.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
just to give you a idea man... Now I don't expect this farm to hold up to my riding like. but it will do until I find me a frame. Then hope like hell , I can transfer it all over..lamo

·
Registered
65 Posts
2nd on the 2014 Stylus. Since this is the DH/freeride thread I assume you are looking for a solid HT that can take some abuse. I have only had my Stylus for a couple of months and its still winter but I can say it is a very solid bike and seems like it can take some serious use and abuse.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'll beat Fuglio to it and say NS Surge. Chromag makes great bikes too though. Choose what comes in a color you like and which has the features/geo you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts