Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a new bike, I already have a stinky dee lux that is going to be taking up the majority of my riding, but want either; a. a downhill race-style bike, or a dirtjumper/Urban bike (possibly hardtail)

As of now I have:
-04 Marz Jr.T
-Raceface Cranks
-2 Chris King hubs
-2 Ditch Whitch Rims

Thats about it right now. My TOP Budget would be $1700 for the rest.

So your vote for the rest. Possibles right now would be the Titus Switchblade or a SC Heckler.

Thoughts?

·
stupid fresh!!
810 Posts
yea man cowans are sick
but im just not a big fan of the jackal mostly cuz of the looks
but it also seems as though the stand over would be weird but if you like it you should find some where to test ride one even though ive never seen a place to do that but yea there might be a shop near you

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry to say but sadly I am kinda limited in that aspect. I have $1700 in store credit at my LBS because they totally screwed me over with a deal.

So I am limited to:
Santa Cruz
Specialized
Ellsowrth
Bianchi
Trek
Titus
Turner
Seven
and I think if I ask nicely they will order a Kona.

But ya a few of those are totally out of the question as far as price.

cmb

·
Registered
187 Posts
now look man

look here man all the brands they name are usaully freakin expensive and in my opinion a waste of money......kona is a reliable brand and the 05 bikes are sick good for freeride and some downhill....i picked up an 05 stinky frame with the 3.0 fox shock for only 600 bukcs man check it out at wheelworld.com and also u can grab a stinky delux for 700 ....that is wat its all about...so save a butt load of money and maybe get a new fork too and ur bike will be all set...very good by the way the delux has a 4.0 shock

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
cmb2874 said:
Looking to build a new bike, I already have a stinky dee lux that is going to be taking up the majority of my riding, but want either; a. a downhill race-style bike, or a dirtjumper/Urban bike (possibly hardtail)

As of now I have:
-04 Marz Jr.T
-Raceface Cranks
-2 Chris King hubs
-2 Ditch Whitch Rims

Thats about it right now. My TOP Budget would be $1700 for the rest.

So your vote for the rest. Possibles right now would be the Titus Switchblade or a SC Heckler.

Thoughts?
so, which way are you going, DH or DJ??? opposite ends of the spectrum. drop the Jr.T triple clamp if you're going dj. for $1700 you could have one SICK dj/street bike. If that is the route you are going, I'd suggest posting it up in the urban/dj/park forum to get some opinions, it seems you didn't get much helpful feedback here so far....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.