Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at clipless designs since my shins keep getting destroyed when my feet fall off the pedals. I will be using this bike for daily riding around town so I dont always want to have clipless shoes to use the bike. I found these at jensen and they sound like just the ticket. Anyone object or can recommend something similar? Also I dont really know what kind of shoes to get (probably just any clipless shimanos) any recommendations here?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks like a good pedal choice. As far as shoes, I've found its important for you to go to a bike store and try different ones on. Different brand of shoe in the same size fit quite a bit differently...

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd look into the Specialized BG Sonoma 2 and BG Taho MTB shoes. Specialized makes some really nice shoes, especially for riding around the city. The Sonoma is a sharp looking and really comfortable shoe that's SPD compatible, so that'd probably be the ticket. Something to look into, anyway.

Ross

·
EDR
10,433 Posts
one-sided clipless pedals have one side heavier than the other and always want to face that way, this is a PITA. For trailriding I would greatly discourage you from using them. For commuting around town, they might be ok but on the trails they blow.

Shoes? Go try some on. You are probably looking for ones that are 'walkable' meaning they bend more than the super stiff soled shoes. This is good b/c they are more comfortable and they are much cheaper.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Maida7 said:
I think those pedals suck. They flip over by themselves and are never on the side you want. I'd suggest something that is clipless both sides but has a big platform. such as this

The downside to those is that the clipless section sits higher than the platform which I've found uncomfortable...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.