Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Gonna be driving from Michigan to Alabama later this week and I'm seeking any advice for driving through the Cincinnati OH and Louisville areas. We're coming south on I-75 through Cincinnati, then taking I-71 towards Louisville. Anything to watch out for in the Cincinnati area or alternate routes that would be better?

We're taking I-71 south and jumping onto I-65 south in Louisville. Should we just go straight into town and pick it up there or would we be better off taking the 264 or 265 loop around the city and picking up I-65 south of town?

Any constructions or speed zones to watch out for?

I'd appreciate any advice from those with local knowledge. The electronic stuff just tends to show the most direct route, but not necessarily the smartest route. We're in for a long drive and anything we can do to save time or hassle will help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,
Gonna be driving from Michigan to Alabama later this week and I'm seeking any advice for driving through the Cincinnati OH and Louisville areas. We're coming south on I-75 through Cincinnati, then taking I-71 towards Louisville. Anything to watch out for in the Cincinnati area or alternate routes that would be better?

We're taking I-71 south and jumping onto I-65 south in Louisville. Should we just go straight into town and pick it up there or would we be better off taking the 264 or 265 loop around the city and picking up I-65 south of town?

Any constructions or speed zones to watch out for?

I'd appreciate any advice from those with local knowledge. The electronic stuff just tends to show the most direct route, but not necessarily the smartest route. We're in for a long drive and anything we can do to save time or hassle will help.
75 straight through downtown is your best bet through cincy...... Just don't hit it at rush hour..... Even if you do though, it is still probably the better route than the bypass which will take you way out of the way..... 75 just north of town is a shithole right now too....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! We'll probably hit Cincy mid morning, so it shouldn't be too bad. If we don't hit it until rush hour then something went seriously wrong and traffic will be the least of our worries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea mid-morning will be no issues usually. If you are bringing the bike hit up Devou trails just across the river. Best trails in the area

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are bringing the bike hit up Devou trails just across the river. Best trails in the area
I wish I was bringing my bike, but won't have time for any riding on this trip. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looking for travel advice thru the Cincinnati OH & Louisville KY area

Wish i came across this post a lot earlier. I happen to be on the same boat as OP.

Only difference is that im stuck in Cincinnati (marriott) for annual meeting. Would have been fun if i had my bike with me.

Now i know... Hopefully next year

·
Registered
76 Posts
I live in Louisville and I can tell you that this is the worst week to be traveling through this area. The Kentucky Derby is on Saturday and the whole week there are activities and thousands of people here. I would highly recommend taking 265 around the city from 71 to 65. Don't go downtown, that's where most of the festivities are going on. And don't take 264, you will sit in traffic with everyone making their way to the track on Thurs-Sat. 265 should be smooth sailing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts