Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am fairly new to the area and have had the pleasure of starting to ride again. It has been some years since I have hit jumps and drops, but some of the rides I have gone on with my daughter are sparking the interest again. Is there anywhere near Bozeman/Livingston are where I could ride and practice hitting small kickers and tabletops? Thx Pete

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all. I am fairly new to the area and have had the pleasure of starting to ride again. It has been some years since I have hit jumps and drops, but some of the rides I have gone on with my daughter are sparking the interest again. Is there anywhere near Bozeman/Livingston are where I could ride and practice hitting small kickers and tabletops? Thx Pete
I think Discovery bike park is still open, maybe next weekend too? Never Sweat is under construction until spring. Westlake dirt jumps are under construction until next fall.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Discovery bike park is still open, maybe next weekend too? Never Sweat is under construction until spring. Westlake dirt jumps are under construction until next fall.
Thanks. I have been to Copper City a couple of times now and have been eyeballing that trail. They have been working on it. I noticed on trailforks that the folks working on it were frustrated on how it is being used. Any idea what was going on? I wonder if people have been ignoring the trail closure while they have been trying to repair it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks. I have been to Copper City a couple of times now and have been eyeballing that trail. They have been working on it. I noticed on trailforks that the folks working on it were frustrated on how it is being used. Any idea what was going on? I wonder if people have been ignoring the trail closure while they have been trying to repair it.
The soil moisture to work on a trail and immediately ride it has to be not too wet and not too dry. We are in too-dry season, so the only option is to wait for rain at Copper City. The other issue is that truck driving bros have been going all the fk over the place, destroying vegetation, stealing signs and leaving trash. Merry Widow is right next to Never Sweat, it has some tabletops, but you have to get the timing just right and pedal a bit to make them work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The soil moisture to work on a trail and immediately ride it has to be not too wet and not too dry. We are in too-dry season, so the only option is to wait for rain at Copper City. The other issue is that truck driving bros have been going all the fk over the place, destroying vegetation, stealing signs and leaving trash. Merry Widow is right next to Never Sweat, it has some tabletops, but you have to get the timing just right and pedal a bit to make them work.
leverich, otter slide/way, other big sky resort trails now that they’re closed you can ride up Andesite, big sky community park, crosscut?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.