Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone.

Totally new to this board.

I'm staying with my sis in Bloomington, IN for the next ten days and need to find a place to ride. I'm willing to drive even further south, or even to KY if need be.

I'm not too picky about trails, but the more challenging the better. I've ridden all over the country; 24 hour races, 100 mile races, etc. Granted, I'm not in that shape right now, but I like challenges.

I have with me a fixed gear singlespeed with front shock and a Rocky Mountain Switch. In a sense, nothing's off limits.

Look forward to hearing from someone!

·
Crainius Maximus
282 Posts
You couldn't be in a better location as far as Indiana is concerned... :D

If you take a short, half-hour drive to the East, you'll find Brown County State Park. It's an excellent place to ride and should keep you busy for quite some time. There are also many other places to ride in the area. Check out the link below for more info... :)

http://www.hmba.org/

-Jordan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I posted on the HMBA board in hopes of finding someone willing to meet up and show me the trails.

I've ridden Gnaw bone years ago, but Brown County sounds like fun. Does anyone know if there's a shop that does rides, or a local trailbuilding group or anything like that?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I might be able to help.....

I actually live in Nashville, IN and I'm only a mile or so from the park. Ride it all the time (except for this past month or so with all the holidays) and would be more than willing to show you the trails, although I'm a bit out of shape from the holidays :p . PM me or email to [email protected]. Good Luck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't forget Valley Branch Retreat, Nebo Ridge @Story IN, & Wapehanni park in town. Have Otter take you out to Nebo my favorite MTB trail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts