Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've tried my best to find the following without success, and I need your help.

I'm looking for:
Hardtail
Boost 148 x 12
XS
HA 66
STA 73+
ETT 570
SO 654

The closest I have found is a 2018 Vitus Sentier W + (now out of stock).
The second closest is 2019 Cannondale Tango (would have to use an offset headset to get the angle, longer stem to get the TT and it has 141 boost - meh).

Now it's your turn. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great suggestion! I’ve considered that one, but I haven’t had much luck finding an xs in stock. The rider is 5’1” with a 27” inseam. So even an xs Timberjack might be too tall. She hates hitting the TT when she stands over a bike.

Oh, and yeah, my mistake, a 148x12 is what I’m looking for not a 142. She wants to run mid-fat tires (Maxxis 2.5’s) on it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Oh, and yeah, my mistake, a 148x12 is what I'm looking for not a 142. She wants to run mid-fat tires (Maxxis 2.5's) on it.

Thanks again!
I may be wrong, but boost spacing doesn't guarantee clearance for a larger tire, it just makes for a more rigid wheel build by moving the hub flanges outboard. It may be that most 148's will fit a 2.5 easily, but I'm not sure it's a guarantee. Of course, if you look at a plus bike, it'll fit a 2.5, but that narrow of a tire may drop the BB height.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help! Yes, custom is an option, but pricey from what I’ve seen. I may have a solution in the Chromag Stylus. It’s claimed SO works, the HA is very slack, but an offset headset could make it doable. Thoughts on this option, or a frame builder?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information! If I were looking at carbon, I’d absolutely consider it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.