Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My son who is 13 is an intermediate/advanced MTBer and we live in the Santa Cruz Mountains (off Skyline) near Los Gatos. He would love to find other kids his age (boys or girls) to ride with that are the same level. If you're interested let me know and maybe we can do a meet up somewhere in the area. I would call myself intermediate but I've been riding for 7 years in Tahoe and SC mountains. Thanks, Ricardo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Consider reaching out to the youth racing & training crew at Black Mountain Composite. They're nominally headquartered a little north of you, but that's the strongest young person MTB org I know of around the Peninsula. My kids are still far too young to join, but I see this crew out and about regularly and have been super impressed with the leadership. Note they're more XC / CX focused, which may or may not be what you're looking for, but at a minimum they'll have a great lay of the land for your target age bracket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! This is a great lead.

Consider reaching out to the youth racing & training crew at Black Mountain Composite. They're nominally headquartered a little north of you, but that's the strongest young person MTB org I know of around the Peninsula. My kids are still far too young to join, but I see this crew out and about regularly and have been super impressed with the leadership. Note they're more XC / CX focused, which may or may not be what you're looking for, but at a minimum they'll have a great lay of the land for your target age bracket.

·
getting back into it...
210 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Also, if you son is interested the best way to meet riders of similar age and skill level is to go to some races. At the 2019 Livewire Classic at Northstar the Cat3 men 10-13 had 40 riders, and the 14-17 had 50 riders. This is just in Cat3 alone. I’ve made biking friends all over the west coast from just going to races and having fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.