Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Sandy and am looking for someone to ride with and get an intro into the trails in this area. Been riding for about 15 years, mainly cross country.

Send me an email if you are free,

Thanks Jon

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Pump?

Anodized Purple said:
Just moved to Sandy and am looking for someone to ride with and get an intro into the trails in this area. Been riding for about 15 years, mainly cross country.

Thanks Jon
Check out PUMP, a local bike club. They're having a big get together up there next weekend, I think. I did a ride with them at Timothy Lake, and it was sweet.

www.pumpclub.org

·
Respect Your Trails
329 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Just moved to Gresham area just off 26. Ride XC / Freeride. As soon as I get my bikes together, I'll p.m. you. I'm also looking at getting involoved with PUMP.

Anodized Purple said:

Thanks Jon

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Tilly?

I only moved here at the beginning of the year, so I'm still learning my way around, but PUMP folks have been ever-so-nice (well, all but one of them, but that's another story).

I'd be glad to show you guys around some of the Tillamook trails, as I've ridden there the most. There's the Wilson River Trail (east and west), which is about 15 miles long or so. That makes quite an out-n-back. And there's the Story Burn and Gales Creek trails, which can make a nice loop starting from the Gales Creek Campground.

I think PUMP is having a campout this weekend near 8 mile trail, somewhere near Mt. Hood. If you're interested in that and can't find a contact, PM me and I'll point you at some of the folks that know more about it.

Also, there's a big get together near Oak Ridge in August called Mountain Bike Oregon that sounds cool (but I'll be out of state -- visiting Colorado for the Leadville 100 bike race).

So many trails, so little time ... :eekster:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have been trying out some crazy logging roads but they get pretty monotonous. I will check the PUMP thing out but I am not sure if I will be in town for the overnight. Woul like to go on a ride somewhere though - maybe some day this week or next week after 5pm? I was thinking about checking out the Tollgate trail or the surrounding area. Tillamook sounds good too.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Tue PM?

Anodized Purple said:
Thanks for the reply. I have been trying out some crazy logging roads but they get pretty monotonous. I will check the PUMP thing out but I am not sure if I will be in town for the overnight. Woul like to go on a ride somewhere though - maybe some day this week or next week after 5pm? I was thinking about checking out the Tollgate trail or the surrounding area. Tillamook sounds good too.
I know it might well be too late, but I'm heading over to the Historic Hiking Trail with a PUMP friend (if she can get away from work) this afternoon. I don't know the exact time, yet, but the HHT loop takes about 1.5 hours, I hear.

I rode the Wilson River Trail West Saturday and Sunday -- it's in great shape, and I saw hardly a soul there.

·
Respect Your Trails
329 Posts
Last Friday evening I checked out Powell Butte Nature Park. Its a good quick spin for after work if you need to hit dirt. I didn't know what to expect, but there is some fun swooping decents back there and some good little climbs.

Anodized Purple said:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.