Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow AZ ridders. A good friend of my sons (and we're close family friends with them) was given a older Giant FS 26" bike. He asked me to help him get it up running and take him out with my son to ride. I went through my parts bin and found a chain for him, a lightly used cassette, some pedals, and grips. Then I'm going to help him set up the air shock, and go through the fork.

I'm sure that he'll be happy with all that, but I know the bike could use a few others parts to help it fit him better and make it a bit nicer. So I was hoping that maybe a few of you had some old parts laying around that you wanted to part with in the spirit of the holiday season. I'll gladly pick anything up from you during business hours anywhere in Phoenix, Tucson, or the northern area. I cover the whole state for my job, so its not out of my way.

Here's what I hoping to source for him...
-shorter stem, 40-50ish mm
-NW 30-32 chain ring
-Wider handlebars 700ish
-brake levers for cable disc brakes (the current left side is bent)
-anything else you want to offer up we maybe able to use

I'll be working on the bike later tonight so I'll get all the specs as to whats on there now, then update.

The rider is a 14yo 110 pound (ringing wet), kid. I'm not asking for high dollar parts, nor does he need them. But if you want to chip in, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, Chris.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have a set of SLX cranks with a 32t NW on it. Im 99% sure I have the BB to go with it also. It's typical threaded 68/73, if that's what the bike is he's more than welcome to throw them on there.

Ill check my bin for other parts.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7
1,665 Posts
Hey fellow AZ ridders. A good friend of my sons (and we're close family friends with them) was given a older Giant FS 26" bike. He asked me to help him get it up running and take him out with my son to ride. I went through my parts bin and found a chain for him, a lightly used cassette, some pedals, and grips. Then I'm going to help him set up the air shock, and go through the fork.

I'm sure that he'll be happy with all that, but I know the bike could use a few others parts to help it fit him better and make it a bit nicer. So I was hoping that maybe a few of you had some old parts laying around that you wanted to part with in the spirit of the holiday season. I'll gladly pick anything up from you during business hours anywhere in Phoenix, Tucson, or the northern area. I cover the whole state for my job, so its not out of my way.

Here's what I hoping to source for him...
-shorter stem, 40-50ish mm
-NW 30-32 chain ring
-Wider handlebars 700ish
-brake levers for cable disc brakes (the current left side is bent)
-anything else you want to offer up we maybe able to use

I'll be working on the bike later tonight so I'll get all the specs as to whats on there now, then update.

The rider is a 14yo 110 pound (ringing wet), kid. I'm not asking for high dollar parts, nor does he need them. But if you want to chip in, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, Chris.
Send me a PM, I can certainly help you out with bars/stem. I have a pretty deep parts bin, so let me know if you come up with any other needs, but can get you the stem/bars regardless.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i send ya a PM. i think.
is a conversation the same as a PM? this new format has me confused. i'm not very sharp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts