Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I tried a search but did not find the info Im looking for. Does anyone have the actual weight of the rear hub? Is it considered light weight? I know that many consider it one of the best, but most of the bikes I see it on are DH or FR bikes, weight is not a problem for these bikes or riders. I will use it on a trail bike and I dont mind spending the extra money for a nice set of hubs. I know that Kings are great too, just considering all my options.
Thanks.

·
uofabill
213 Posts
Got the hubs but don't know the weight.

I just bought a set of Hadley QR hubs off e-bay but I don't have anything that tells the weight. Amazingly the company does not have a web site or e-mail address. I have called them before but can't put my hands on the number right now. They are located in Upland California. It is Hadley Racing. You can get the # for directory asst. and call them.
They are not the lightest hubs but I think their extremely well built.
Bill

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
I fluked into a hadley rear hub and its the best I've had. 3,000+ abusive clysdale miles and its even easy to service if the seals ever fail (3 years and mine are like new). It makes loads of noise like Kings but love he micro-engagement if you climbing and grunting. Newer stuff runs on solid axles which is the way to go. Enjoy the ride!

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
i just got a set of hadley xc hubs too...

if you look at the reviews got the "gt cnc" hubs (they were made by hadley), you'll see hadley's phone number in a review. i got my hadley xc hubSET for $244 off ebay, new, unlaced...great deal.

they are heavy, not sure of the front, but my rear was 375g...the 135mm, qr version.

cheers!

ride red said:
Hello, I tried a search but did not find the info Im looking for. Does anyone have the actual weight of the rear hub? Is it considered light weight? I know that many consider it one of the best, but most of the bikes I see it on are DH or FR bikes, weight is not a problem for these bikes or riders. I will use it on a trail bike and I dont mind spending the extra money for a nice set of hubs. I know that Kings are great too, just considering all my options.
Thanks.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
Forget where I got this info but...

...I did find it at an online retailer's site a while back when I was building up my Hadley's.

Hadley ISO 9mm Rear: 355g
Hadley ISO 20mm Frt: 212g

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
older GT branded Hadley non-disc rear hub

The older GT branded non-disc rear hub that is made by Hadley can be found on ebay ranging from $19-$39.

This is a 3 pawl mechanism, but it came from the factory with the wrong grease packed in it. Using two 5mm allen wrenches you can take it apart, remove the old thick grease and replace with thin grease such as Mprep or high quality lube. This will supposedly fix any problems with the ratchet mechanism sticking that you read about on the reviews.

Supposedly the 3pawl mechanism is the replacement for the older 4 pawl mechanism that had lots of problems. But since many were shipped with too thick a grease in them, the 3pawl ones get some bad reviews as well.

I just weighed one at 284 grams this is before I have taken out the old grease. Others have weighed the rear one down to 275 grams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.