Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, intended use would be more for downhill than anything else. Probably should make the mistake of buying a bike that cant take the drops :/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking myself. I would say to try out a couple of bikes you had in mind and give them a spin. I'm fairly new to off road biking so I'll be asking alot of questions and might get a sizing done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fairly new to downhill too, scared to fork out a ton of cash... was wondering if i could do some DH on this kind of entry lv bike but it seems ive been warned against it!

·
spec4life???..smh...
1,091 Posts
to be honest your not gonna be able to pick up a real downhill bike in the yukon fx price range...also while that may be one of the best fullies for that price you could still have a better hardtail for the same price...

Have you done much mtbing before maybe you should just start riding some xc/am on a nice hartail to make sur you like the sport and if so shell out a little more cash for a bike designed for dh stuff..if thats your ultimate goal...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. Your advice is most welcome.
I've always ridden a 15" frame, im a pretty small and light (5,3/5,4ft) - makes picking a bike a little more difficult for someone without much DH exp :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.