Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fire roads are driving me nuts and the gas company paved my quick fix Sullivan Canyon. I want to find some good single tracks if anyone knows of any in the area. I don't mind driving a bit and wouldn't mind going to the Angeles Forest. I've keep looking online, but can't find anything good around here. Let me know if anyone is up to ride to.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tomabowen said:
Fire roads are driving me nuts and the gas company paved my quick fix Sullivan Canyon. I want to find some good single tracks if anyone knows of any in the area. I don't mind driving a bit and wouldn't mind going to the Angeles Forest. I've keep looking online, but can't find anything good around here. Let me know if anyone is up to ride to.
There is a lot of single track in the Santa Monica Mountains, but mostly out towards the western end. You don't say what level you want. Cheeseboro is probably the most popular place; there is fire road at the bottom and along the Cheeseboro Ridge, but lots of single track for a range of abilities.

The Backbone Trail off of Kanan (by T1, the tunnel closest to the coast) has great single track in both directions. It's easier but shorter to the west; to the east you can go all the way to Corral Canyon parking lot, but there are some harder climbs and more technical features.

There are some nice single track trails in Sycamore Canyon - especially Guadalasca and the Backbone trail.

And nice single track at Los Robles, off of Moorpark from the 101 freeway (also called Space Mountain) - lots and lots of switchbacks on the initial climb, and if you want you can follow it west all the way to Sycamore Canyon.

·
GONE
26,251 Posts
I'm gonna ride on Tuesday morning (if it doesn't rain!) after I drop my daughter off at school if you want to meet somewhere. I can take you to one of many great ST trails in the Western half of the Santa Monica Mtns.

Angeles Nat'l forest is still closed unless you want to ride Chantry Falts which has a some great, remote foresty ST trails.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Plenty of single track in the Santa Monica mountains. I well planned ride will be about 1/2 and 1/2 climbing fire road and descending singletrack.

Check out bikemapdude.com or Tom harrison maps to figure out where things are.

See ya out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts