Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I will be in Sedona August 22nd-25th. I was wondering if there were any riding groups or riders I can tag along with on some trail rides. I've been out there several times before but not really interested in booking a guided tour/ride. Is it fairly safe to ride solo if it becomes my only option? I'm on the upper end of the intermediate scale when it comes to my riding abilities. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
It'll be hot. Really hot. Not many people plan big rides in August, in Sedona. If you go alone, plan on going super early, take may more water than you think you'll need, and let someone know where you're gonna be, and when you'll be back.

I don't know where you're coming from, but our heat is no joke. You can very easily end up a statistic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
August in Sedona is hot AF. Hot enough that heat stroke becomes a real and dangerous factor. You can ride that time of year, but should be on the trail by 5:30am and done by 9. You must carry at least 1 liter of water for each hour you're outside. It's no joke no matter how fit you are.

That obligatory warning aside, YES, you can totally ride Sedona solo. The trail system is well signed, busy, and you're usually not far from civilization. Be sure to download Trailforks app to have a good map, this is key.

Otherwise, have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I've been to Sedona last August and wrapped up our rides by 10am. It wasn't horrible but did get pretty hot by midday. I was hoping to ride without having to book a guide. I do appreciate the input and will be cautious, the heat and the desert are both nothing I plan to take for granted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.