Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the area as a Chicago relocator, and looking for some new places to ride. I work a St. Edwards, and while the trails there are lots of fun, my first trip to Tiger Mtn. last weekend reminded me that yes there are still real mountains and sweet single track in the area. Trouble is, BBTC page is giving me some issues (only email access is via my phone right now) and I'm trying to find some new places to ride. I've been to St. Ed's, Collanade (worked there too), the jumps at Woodland park off Greenlake, some small parks in Shoreline, and Tiger Mtn. I need something close to Seattle as I only have off on Mon-Tues, and can't be gone long due to having to take care of a new puppy. I hear Tokul is good, but can't find any good maps of the trails. Galbraith is on my list, but it's a bit far for me with the puppy. I hear Tapeworm is ok, but to be honest, I'm nettled out after working all day in the woods.

Anything else I should be checking out 1 hour or so outside of Seattle? I loved Tiger's climb followed by downhills (hate climbing actually, but loved the DH sections), but even beautiful flat land would be ok. Ideas?

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Welcome.
You should check out Lake Sawyer. It's over by Black Diamond. Lot's exploring and you'll come across lots of TTF's, some good, some bad.
Definitely check out Tokul. East for fast descents and west for more xc,

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As mentioned, I keep hearing about Tokul, but I;m having some issues accessing directions or finding a trail map. Got any direct links?

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
Yah here:
http://www.bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trail:Tokul_East

Or, take Preston exit off I-90, go to Fall City, take 202 east, and left at 356th. Park in the lot (which is the Snoqualmie Valley Trail). Kinda of hard to explain from there and I haven't seen a map since I've ridden there. But basically there's a series of short fire road climbs to the descents (which can cross the fire road you climb).

·
Banned
776 Posts
exit 38 can be a tricky proposition, as it can lead to tickets by FS or KCSO, depending on who is active in the area. With recent break-ins along the access road and sporto climbers complaining patrol presence will likely be upgraded.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. So no map of Tokul anywhere? I hear it's easy to get lost out there, and I have mid-week days off so it's hard to get in on a group ride.

Checked out Japanese Gulch today in the meantime, ungh! Nettle fest for a few crappy and slippery trails (and trashed stunts), waste of time. Hopefully I can make it out to Tokul next week though!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
There is a better one out there but this should do you for now. It's the old map from the 2004 MS Ride that was done out there and also shows East, West and Griffin as well. All 3 areas are missing trails that have "appeared" since then but this should get you around well enough.

Try the BBTC listserve for weekday rides as I know some people over there have funky hours and weekdays free.

https://www.sammamishcycle.com/images/map_snoqualmietreefarm_lg.jpg

·
Banned
776 Posts
Tarekith said:
Thanks guys. So no map of Tokul anywhere? I hear it's easy to get lost out there, and I have mid-week days off so it's hard to get in on a group ride.

Checked out Japanese Gulch today in the meantime, ungh! Nettle fest for a few crappy and slippery trails (and trashed stunts), waste of time. Hopefully I can make it out to Tokul next week though!
I'm off midweek. I can show you around. I won't be back in country for another week or so, but after that send me a PM.

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Tarekith said:
Hey all,

New to the area as a Chicago relocator, and looking for some new places to ride. I work a St. Edwards, and while the trails there are lots of fun, my first trip to Tiger Mtn. last weekend reminded me that yes there are still real mountains and sweet single track in the area. Trouble is, BBTC page is giving me some issues (only email access is via my phone right now) and I'm trying to find some new places to ride. I've been to St. Ed's, Collanade (worked there too), the jumps at Woodland park off Greenlake, some small parks in Shoreline, and Tiger Mtn. I need something close to Seattle as I only have off on Mon-Tues, and can't be gone long due to having to take care of a new puppy. I hear Tokul is good, but can't find any good maps of the trails. Galbraith is on my list, but it's a bit far for me with the puppy. I hear Tapeworm is ok, but to be honest, I'm nettled out after working all day in the woods.

Anything else I should be checking out 1 hour or so outside of Seattle? I loved Tiger's climb followed by downhills (hate climbing actually, but loved the DH sections), but even beautiful flat land would be ok. Ideas?
Middle Fork Snoqualmie.

IMO, one of the best trails within 1 hour of Seattle. Incredible scenery and trails. :)

http://bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trail:Middle_Fork_Snoqualmie_River

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.