Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Im looking for people to ride with this summer on a semi-regular basis. I am new to the ADKs and spent last summer doing numerous solo rides around LP and SL. If anyone is looking to do some group rides or in need of some riding buddies let me know. I have tried several of the "shop" rides but i am looking for less "race to the finish" type rides and more classic trail riding and more than one ride a week. Hit me up here or at [email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
High Peaks cyclery in Placid and Leap-Off Bike shop in Keene hold weekly MTB rides in the Placid/Saranac area. That's a hotbed for rides if you find the right shops. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dude,
I ride everyday in the summer. E-mail me anytime or you can contact me at Whiteface Mountain Downhill Park in the summer months. I have some private trails on my property that connect to the jack rabbit trail. I can show you the "Tour De Placid".
Probably be 5 to 6 hours of singletrack to do the entire tour.
Usually I just do sections since you are never more than a couple of miles from town.

Are you familiar with the loggers loop? There are a few more loops in there every year and they are the hidden local spots, probably the most technical too.
I have always liked riding up Scarface Mountain in Raybrook also.
Other killer spots are Moose Mountain Pond & Bass Lake (Hammond Pond Wilderness area) in North Hudson. This ride is killer, no people and you end up at a leanto on a lake. This ride is about 3 hours long. Great work out!
The Wilmington trails starting at the Hungry Trout and of course the very best trails dh and x-c are at Whiteface Mountain.

Downhill Mike
www.whiteface.com
Size does matter!
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will def give you a shout.. After your comments about Mike converting u to a rabid DH rider, I can only wait to be in such company. I am prepared to be converted ha....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.