Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a while since ive posted on here or have even been on my bike. Its getting nice out and im getting the itch to start riding again. Im looking for some recommendations on where to ride. Not looking for the very rocky or technical stuff. Im more into the single track riding.

Also if anyone is looking to meet up and ride im always for it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm pasting a previous post that i wrote. I hope this helps. We also do a sunday group ride that leaves loweriders at 4pm, feel free to join us!

I live near Marsh Creek in Downingtown so I frequent the following trails.

Marsh Creek
- There are 2 sides the dam side and boat launch side both are good. Not too challenging but fun.
Harmony Hill - Downingtown [downhill or uphill]
Fair Hills - Maryland [great system similar to white clay]
White Clay / Middle Run / Judge Morris (all interconnected) - Newark DE [extremely flowy & fast, dont ride these trails during or shortly after a rain - lots of mileage, not technical at all. Lots of great rollers, well worth the trip]
Saw Mill Trails - Downingtown [lot's of climbing and off camber roots, a bit challenging]

A bit further away
Trexler - Allentown - about 1 1/2 hours from west chester. Well worth the trip. seriously
Nockamixon - Awesome flowy trails, about 1 1/4 hours from west chester
Betzwood - Valley Forge [can be muddy but worth going to]
Belmont Park - Philly [more log overs per mile than tree farm after a tornado passing]
Wissahickon - Philly [long climbs, some fun downhill, some cool drops and a bit technical]
Brandywine - PA/DE border on route 202 [some technical areas some good descents can have a lot of milage]
French Creek - Rocks, then more rocks, then climbing with a side of rocks.
Philadelphia Pump Track - Currently under construction opening in May.
Launch Bike Park - Spring Mountain - downhill

Places that I havent been to but aren't too far:
Mt. Penn - Reading - Downhill
Swarthmore College Trails / Crum Wood / Smedley Park (behind Springfiled Mall)
St. Petes - near french creek, west of philly by about an hour
Bonner Park - Philly (glen mills)
John Heinz National Wildlife Reserve - Philly
Ridley Creek State Park - Media
Core Creek - North East Philly (Langhorne)
Neshaminy: North East Philly

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you like flowy single track, then White Clay Creek will probably be your favorite. Mt. Penn in Reading is not all downhill and technical, great place to find just about anything.

Also, not mentioned was Blue Marsh near Reading. I haven't been there but it's supposed to be many miles of relatively smooth single track.

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
Addditional info regarding some on Jongalt26's options.

Bonner Park in Glen Mills (Cheney) isn't worth a trip unless you live near it. Very small, with some steep climbs/chutes. Mountain bikes are illegal in Ridley Creek S.P., plus there are too many people there all the time to make the riding any fun.

Brandywine is a great place to ride, but if you're looking for smooth singletracks you're going to have to stick to Marsh Creek, Belmont, White Clay/Middle Run, and Fair Hill.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live right down the road from marsh creek. havent rode there yet. i always forget theres another side and wind up going by where the boat launch is lol.

anyways, if you want to ride sometime let me know. im not very fast however so i dont know if that will ruin your time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ye Markus, lets definitely meet up and ride sometime. We do a sunday ride out of loweriders at 4pm. Don't worry about speed at all, all of us could be faster lol. Im definitely planning on riding as much as i can while the temps drop back down. I'll PM you my info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts