Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I remember seeing the launch threads of the EX1 groupset awhile back, but reviews are still limited. Does anyone have any hands on experience with this drivetrain on pedal bikes?

I realize it is designed and marketed for ebikes, but the features appeal to my desire for a strong drivetrain. The case steel cassette with bigger jumps/less shifting and decent enough range is what is making contemplate switching to Sram from Shimano.

So, if you have ridden this group how does it stack up to the 11 and 12 speed drivetrains of today?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hey everyone, I remember seeing the launch threads of the EX1 groupset awhile back, but reviews are still limited. Does anyone have any hands on experience with this drivetrain on pedal bikes?

I realize it is designed and marketed for ebikes, but the features appeal to my desire for a strong drivetrain. The case steel cassette with bigger jumps/less shifting and decent enough range is what is making contemplate switching to Sram from Shimano.

So, if you have ridden this group how does it stack up to the 11 and 12 speed drivetrains of today?
Resurrecting this thread.

I'm using the 8spd 11-48 sram cassette with my M8100 XT derailleur, Box one 11spd shifter and 11spd chain on my commencal SX. Works perfectly

Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Crankset

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.