Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

New to the MTBR forums and just getting back into biking, I'm from Edmonton, Alberta which is in Canada, and am looking at a bike I can use for some trails, biking to work and an all around durable bike I can use for different riding. Definitely need a bike I can get to work and back with, and then take on the trails.

I know its a tall order, just to throw this link out there, this was one bike that caught my eye!

Any other suggestions please let me know.

Kona Precept - Bicycles Scooters Sales Service Fitting Recumbents Spin Studio

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
How tall are you? How long is the commute? You might think about two bikes,a used commuter and a trail bike ,a 29" might be better if you only get bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey man I'm in edmonton as well. Go talk to Jay at Klondike cycle, he was awesome when I bought my sight and won't BS in what you do or don't need. Give him a budget and you will be set.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
The Precept is not the bike for your needs. If you are going to be commuting as well as hitting the trails on the same bike, you are going to want a bike good at both. 29er Long Travel hardtails are what you should be looking at.
Such as the 2014 Trek Stache 6.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
look at the marin bikes, of all tier levels, being sold on ebay (usa). There's a firesale or something and you wont' find better components/$ anywhere else. Not sure about international shipping. that kona has parts several tiers lower in comparison to an equivalent priced marin.

read some of the threads I've posted in the beginner forums. I've laid out parts comparisons in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts