Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
huge long shot here but curious if anyone knows any good places to find a decent, used MTB for <~$700.

i have been checking CL and FB religiously without much luck.

maybe one of you fine folks has an extra collecting dust or has a friend that is looking to unload?

i dk.

apologies if this isn't the place to post.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Lots of folks have bikes kicking around...need to know details on size, type of bike desired, terrain you ride, etc. CL has some finds but you may need to look in areas further away from your locale if you are not in an area that has a fair amount of riding.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of folks have bikes kicking around...need to know details on size, type of bike desired, terrain you ride, etc. CL has some finds but you may need to look in areas further away from your locale if you are not in an area that has a fair amount of riding.
thanks for the reply.

likely a large frame, 27.5 or 29 wheels. prefer hardtail. something not too old and potentially something i can grow into.

i have become enamored with bikes from Santa Cruz, Kona and Surly but i have been looking at any and all brands; Specialized, Trek, Giant, Marlin, whatever.

probably not going to be doing anything intense ever, but certainly not in the near future.

thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Check out Pinkbike too. Call some shops and see what pre-owned bikes they have. What's your location? I know Yorktown Cycles and at least 2 of the 3 Bikeway shops sell used bikes. I've sold bikes through both places an bought a used bike from YC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.