Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love some help! I am new to this site.
I am a beginner Mtn Bike rider and would love to buy a bike that is light enough to use in the future for a Triathlon.
I am a lady, 5'6" and love to ride the Fullerton Trails, CA.
If possible, I would love to buy a 2nd Hand bike for approx $500.
Could u please advise which brand, year, model & frame size (ladies or men's ok) would be good for this price?

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you want a light bike I would look for a XC bike like a Giant XTC, or Trek Superfly you can look on pinkbike for used bikes there's some great deals sometimes

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Go visit some local bike shops and check out their bikes in the $800 to $1200 price range (specialized, trek, giant, etc.). Take some parking lot rides to get your sizing down. If you can hit some demo days in the next little while that would be even better. Once you have done this you should be able to make a much better decision about some brands that you prefer and what size bike fits you well.

After all the above, either look for a new bike on sale/closeout which meets your criteria or start looking for those same brands' $1000-$1200 bikes on the used market a few years old. That's about it. Hope this is helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts