Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy's Pivot has the seatpost tube that is only 145mm deep, I have the shortest dropper I can in it at the moment. The only other option I have right now is to find a lower profile saddle. It has the stock Pivot saddle which i think is the WTB Volt pro. Which is pretty dang thick. Does anyone have any recommendations on a low profile saddle? I am going to get some pictures, maybe steal the SDG off my daughters bike to try or my Ergon Enduro.

Thanks!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,957 Posts
SLR?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Saddles are really hard to recommend because it's such a personal fit. What works for me might be torture for you. Old Selle Italias used to be great for me, but the newer ones I've tried have been an immediate no-go. My MTB currently has a Specialized Toupe that I like a lot. My #1 road bike has a SQLabs 612 saddle (German brand that came with the bike when I bought it). It's been excellent.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My boy's Pivot has the seatpost tube that is only 145mm deep, I have the shortest dropper I can in it at the moment. The only other option I have right now is to find a lower profile saddle. It has the stock Pivot saddle which i think is the WTB Volt pro. Which is pretty dang thick. Does anyone have any recommendations on a low profile saddle? I am going to get some pictures, maybe steal the SDG off my daughters bike to try or my Ergon Enduro.

Thanks!
Chromag Lift. Love it.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,433 Posts
I've had great success with MORGAW saddles. Pre ordered carbon rail XC and Enduro ones before they first came out ~2015 and they are still going strong. The XC one is very low profile. All of their saddles have built-in shock absorbers where the rails connect.

Since that time, I've broken 3 Selle Italia's (which are my favorite "conventional" saddles) on FS and SS 29er's :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't even think about the Silverado, I had that on my Bronson. The SDG that was mentioned I believe is what comes on the Guerilla Gravity which we have on my daughter's bike. What is the challenge also is the local shops have pretty much no inventory around here so it's the fun of order and return right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Silverado should be in the 44mm stack range. Mid rail to sit bone contact. Older Selle SLRs were well under 40mm, but I tried a recent one that was 41mm. I use Nukeproof Sam Hill which is also around 42mm and markets its lower stack. Some other brands that I’ve noticed low stack are SDG Oso Radar and a SQ Labs one too, but I’m guessing they’re not much lower than the low 40s. I think there may be road/cx saddles out there in 30’s.
Additionally take a look at crank length to get room for your dropper of choice. Shorter cranks position the rider higher up. Most people will appreciate 165mm cranks anyway over some standard 175s. 10 mm off the cranks raises the saddle 10 mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.