Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah i had every intention to get up early and head to Pisgah and ride with the Turkey Pen Gang... that alarm went off at 5:45 "F'that!" i am anything but a morning person.
couldn't do it....too many snooze button hits :p my wife asks "what time were you to meet them?" Me: "7:30" her: "it's 8:15" Me: "zzzzzzzzzz" :p

later i had some work to finish up, and made my way out the door, Dupont SF bound...got there a little after 3. What a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, temps in the 70's, rivers and creeks were a little swollen, and trails a little damp in sections. everyone was finishing up their days adventures. Perfect!

here are some shots from the day's ride. yeah, it was a solo ride, just pix of the bike :rolleyes:

on the way home i stopped to snap of shot of Table Rock

Yeah i live somewhere down in those lights

Good ride, Good night!

.​

· Registered
23,945 Posts
Nice stuff

Some nice images there, looks like a nice place for a solo. On a camera note....how you liking the D80? Checked and saw you were shooting @ 1250 "ISO", how do you find the "grain" at that speed?

· Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LyNx said:
Some nice images there, looks like a nice place for a solo. On a camera note....how you liking the D80? Checked and saw you were shooting @ 1250 "ISO", how do you find the "grain" at that speed?
Love the D80 it is a world of difference over the Canon sd200 i was shooting with...totally diggin' it! good call on the iso setting. i don't find the graininess an issue at all.

thanks for the kind words.

Baycat: western North Carolina is an awesome place to ride if you enjoy rocky, rooty, technical trails, lots and lots of long climbs and long technical downhills. we don't have a lot of big sky vistas like out west, too many trees (which is ok by me) :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.