Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna tell ya what Im looking for even if it doesnt exist because Im getting tired of trying to find it. I dont really wanna spend much over 200 bucks cause I dont think I'll ride at night alot, especially in the summer. I really want a handlebar mount and helmet mount. I need around 3 hour burn time. I dont want a water bottle battery because I dont have a holder. Alot of my friends use Vista lights with the nightstick battery but for some reason they dont make them anymore. Any suggestions without breaking the bank would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you already have a high-power flashlight, you can attach it to your handlebar with twofish locks. I regularly use a SureFire U2 (that's over $200, but you get the idea) and/or a Pila GL3 like that. It's plenty of light for light trail running, and the lockblocks are sturdy enough that the lights aren't going anywhere.

On my helmet I used to have a custom LED light, but now I attached a PT Eos (around $30).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nite-Rider Dual Min-Newt $125

I picked up a Night-Rider MiNewt Dual for $125 off of Ebay store buildyourbike. The retail is $200.

http://www.niterider.com/prod_minewtdual.shtml

It is very bright with the 4w Luxeon LED bulbs along with the custom reflectors and lenses. The runtimes are High-1.5 and Low-3.0 (the single MiNewt is High-3.0 and Low-6.0,exactly double the burntime for half the lights). The low setting is still very bright and the high is awesome. :thumbsup:

The battery is very small indeed, and charging and usage is a snap. The mounting is very adjustable, easy, and secure. The battery mounts on stem, frame, or helmet/camelbak. This is my bar light and back-up to my HID L&M Arc Li-ion helmet light.

I am very impressed with the very small, effiecent, bright overall package. It is so small and light, I have thought of keeping it on my bars all the time in case a day ride just happenst o last a little past dusk.:D

I will post a couple of pictures later on.

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
pic please

wolfbeast said:
I will post a couple of pictures later on.
yes please do. We are thinking of buying 2 of the princeton tec switchback 2 lights but we are unsure of the ebay seller (always cautious). The price is certainly right.
Could anyone shed some light (oops) on the ebay seller "buildyourbike". Trustworthy or not?

cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
princeton tec from ebay

I bought the switchback 3 from them last week. I order late friday night. I got the light that Monday. The package was sealed and in new condition. I charged the light and it worked. I have to wait for the snow to melt to try it out on the trails. I plan to post pictures whan I get out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.