Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Need a cheap light saddle for son's 20" Hotrock. I'm finding great deals on light carbon adult seats for $20 but nothing smaller.
Depends on what kind of post it is but maybe check out BMX stuff. Danscomp is great. The seats are small and light to begin with. Some of them aren't meant to sit on though which is why they are small and light so you'll need to account for that if you imagine he will be sitting a lot.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
We got a fantastic BMX race saddle ... Odessey Jnr ... sadly no longer made due to a lot going to pivotal seatposts but we got another before they went out of stock locally.
I thought the kevlar bit was a gimmick TBH but for $15 delivered I thought what the heck..

Literally hundreds of crashes later it’s survived 3 or more saddles on my bikes... incredibly light and suitable size for a 20 to 24 bike kid...
If you can still find any great but nwa_dad’s suggestion on BMX saddles is a great one

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Those are light and cheap! Its 143mm wide. That is about the same width and my seat. Do you think it matters to their sit bones and all that?

Trailcraft seat is 240 length and 130mm wide and 270g. I like the size but not the weight.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Those are light and cheap! Its 143mm wide. That is about the same width and my seat. Do you think it matters to their sit bones and all that?

Trailcraft seat is 240 length and 130mm wide and 270g. I like the size but not the weight.
My theory is that children are so light they won't know the difference between the hip spacing. But being that they are so small I would recommend the 143.

I used the 155 width for myself and my wife and it's very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Another vote for SDG Fly Jr.

It's rated at 260g (not too heavy actually), but very comfortable for younger riders. I'll take a few grams penalty over comfortable ride any day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Tioga Spyder is a pretty cool option.
I use this on my main AM bike and it's going strong for 3+ years but I think it's too long for kids...

Another vote for SDG Fly Jr.

It's rated at 260g (not too heavy actually), but very comfortable for younger riders. I'll take a few grams penalty over comfortable ride any day.
My 11 yr. old son has one and he loves it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.