Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new wheelset for my Tallboy LTC. Currently running DT 350 hubs and WTB I23 rims. This combo held up well for a season of riding, but looking to lose some weight and maybe gain some stiffness.

I ride in the northeast, think lots of rock gardens. I weigh around 210 geared up and classify my riding as light am. Nothing huge 4-6ft drops and jumps. I do some lift served on occasion. Looking for a strong, durable, and reasonably light weight wheelset. Looking for a inner rim diameter of at least 21 and looking to setup tubeless. 15mm upfront 12X142 rear.

Budget is around $1000, Give or take. Possible wheelsets based on reviews: American Classic All mountain, E13 TRs, Charger pro sl, or go with a custom build?

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
For you riding style and weight, I would recommend the WTB i25's. They weigh a little more than the i23's, but are substantially stiffer and would probably hold up better to your weight and abuse.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
I know a guy that rides a Niner WFO with Stan's Flow EX. I THINK on Hadley hubs. He probably weighs 275 and rides exactly how you're describing. Wheels are holding up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts