Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to buy a 24 Kotori frame and make an all-arounder by sticking the deraileur hanger to run gears. Spawn doesn't have them anymore. They are 100% out of stock and won't be making more, as the new Kotori has diff style dropouts.

Help a brother out!

Thanks!

Seb

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reviving this, there is another thread somewhere I will try to link to later, but in short there was a link to what looked like the correct hanger, and I found a few sources carrying them. This was the cheapest shipped to me in Japan. It should be arriving today or tomorrow, and an old stile Kotori 20' frame is also on its way. I will post whether or not it fits as soon as I know. EDIT The dropout arrived today, frame should be tonight or tomorrow. Just holding it up to the frame photo on spawns site blown up to life size, this looks like a legit fit. Will know for sure very soon.
There are two version available hence the two links, as far as I can tell the only difference is washers. I opted for the washer version since the few geared conversions I have seen of the Kotori frame seem to have them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And it's the "orange p7" one, right? Any particular year of P7?

Can you think of any reason it wouldn't work on a Kotori 26 frame?
I bought the 2009 RH version because it had the bigger washers, but the 08 version looks identical in design.
So long as it is the older Kotori frame, I believe it will fit.

A bit of advice, put it in the furthest back position if you can
or tighten the F outta it. I tried to keep the wheel base shorter since we have allot of narrow paths with tricky bits
around here, but it slid back during my sons riding twice after making it what I would consider reasonably tight
(though the frame was waxed prior to installing and may have played a small roll). Since I slid it to the very back,
it has been rock solid. though, I did tighten down a bit more that last time as a precaution..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.