Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ILLEST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never ventured in to the down hill aspect or freeride with a real bike it has all been with basic mountain bikes. Since this is my first real bike i was thinking bout buying a used 2006 BIG Hit 1 to start off with. before I spend 1000's on a new better bike. I have someone who will sale me a 2006 big hit for 700 and was wondering if this was a good bike to start with. I am a 6ft 2 medium/large build guy and the bike is a L/XL size. I know there is plenty of reviews for these bikes but was wondering what you guys think of this as a first DH bike? If you have other opinions on a first bike please let me know. I am heading up to the Sierra Nevadas for a few days in a couple months and want to get set up with everything before I head up there and open myself to this world.

This is what the guy says about the bike:
Dropoff SL Front Forks. Fox Vanilla Racing Rear Shock. Hydrolic Juicy 7 Brakes. Single Track Sun Rims. New Specialized Pro Chunder Tires.
Only rode this bike a few times

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
I know a good number of people that had a lot of fun DHing BigHits. I even know some guys that pushed them into service for regular trail riding too. If it's really in good shape, and maybe you can get a little wiggle room in the pricing, it's really nice to have a dedicated bike for that sort of riding.

What's the top of your budget and where do you live?

·
ILLEST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was also looking in to this one i like it better but it a Medium and i heard the big hits run bigger in size then most so i wasnt sure if it would fit a 6ft 2 person

·
ILLEST
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i ended up picking up a 2003 spec big hit, but already want to sale it to get a 2014 Specialized status II. Anyone have good or bad reviews on this bike. It is hard to find some for the 2014 yr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.