Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for other female riders to ride with during the week or weekend along the peninsula. I'm an intermediate rider that will try to ride anything. I typically ride WaterDog in Belmont and Skeggs in Woodside. Sometimes, on the weekends, I'll travel somewhere to ride like Anadel or Auburn.

I do have a SO to ride with but he's super fast. Also, there's something about riding with other girls.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
SassyRider said:
I'm looking for other female riders to ride with during the week or weekend along the peninsula. I'm an intermediate rider that will try to ride anything. I typically ride WaterDog in Belmont and Skeggs in Woodside. Sometimes, on the weekends, I'll travel somewhere to ride like Anadel or Auburn.

I do have a SO to ride with but he's super fast. Also, there's something about riding with other girls.
Try posting this in the Womens Lounge. You should get more traffice related to your request.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Welcome Sassy.

There are a few girls that lurk here i'm sure. I think posting in both forums is a good idea, as there aren't that many norcal girls in the Women's lounge from what i'm told.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Me Too !!!

SassyRider said:

:D :D :D :D :thumbsup:

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Co-sign.***

nmnmnnm:D

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Hi, SassyRider

SassyRider said:

I'm one of those NorCal women mentioned that hangs out in the Women's Lounge. There's also Stripes, the two of us have been trying to get together for a ride. My husband, Ogre, is also a fast rider, but is usually willing to ride at my pace/level when we ride together. I'm planning on riding in Monterey area on the weekend of July 14-16. If you want to link up shoot me a pm. Welcome to the group!!:D

Fiona

·
emteebee
413 Posts
mtbmel is looking for women to ride with, she is my riding buddy but wants more women at her pace. She is in the sacramento area.

·
Registered
723 Posts
A friend

of mine loves to mountain bike but I don't have weekends off so she rides road on most weekends. She is a good climber and has decent bike handling skills and likes a slow downhill pace. She isn't registered with MTBR so PM me if you want to plan a weekend ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm up for it

I'm slower than slow right now (and perhaps always will be) but definitely looking to get more riding in. I'm on the peninsula, too, and can do Water Dog and/or Skegg's after work just about anytime.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
indygirl said:
I'm slower than slow right now (and perhaps always will be) but definitely looking to get more riding in. I'm on the peninsula, too, and can do Water Dog and/or Skegg's after work just about anytime.
You may want to try to PM or email Sassy. She might be lurking and checking back on this thread but since she only has one post, you might want to try an alternate method.

Oh, and Welcome to MTBR!

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Lots of riders on the peninsula. Check out...

[email protected]

Good group of peeps. When I FINALLY get my bike built, I too will be slower than slow and would be happy to ride with you.

Cheers,

Michael

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be up in Downieville during the race. I'll be supporting friends but will ride the epic; listed on the IMBA, site on Monday, so if you would like to join, feel free to PM me.

I think that we should get a group, of us girls, together for a ride together sometime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should we set a date and time?

How about Water Dog, Carlmont parking lot, next Wednesday, July 19 at 5:45 p.m.? I'll commit to be there, even if no one else can make it.

Update: 7:00 p.m. in the Carlmont parking lot by the pink houses. I have a black Stumpjumper with a pink Chris King headset. Let me know if you think you'll be there so we can wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be at the races in Sonoma this weekend otherwise I would love to. I'll be riding somewhere in the NB this Saturday if you are interested. (I have to divide time between my place and my boyfriend's.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sassy...if you are in the NB Saturday morning and want to ride...let me know.
I'm in Napa and generally ride alone, so I'd love the company.

I was considering Annadel or Rockville this weekend...and you won't have to worry about going super fast with me.
;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts