Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my wife and I are looking to find some dry dirt to ride this weekend (if possible). Willing to drive 9-10 hours max, from Iowa City, IA.

That puts us at about Tulsa as a maximum drive. Any chance of dry dirt north of there? Maybe norther Arkansas? Memphis, TN?

Southern MO would be really nice, as it isn't as far of a drive. Maybe we'll just have to settle for some road riding.

Thanks!

·
Lab Rat Extraordinar
22 Posts
Southern Missouri usually good if it's been dry for a day or two. The trails are mainly gravel, rocks, and sandy soil, so it drains well. A buddy and I went to Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and had a blast on the Honeyrun trail just south of Osage Beach, MO. You can find info on it @ earthriders.org. If you're really up for a trip, Berryman (an IMBA epic) is the same soil comp. but is a further drive. It's near Potosi/Steelville, MO. I haven't ridden it yet but if IMBA has put its mark on it, it has to good. Just check the forecast before you head out.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody down there think Lake of the Ozarks, Berryman, or possible Syllamo will be dry enough to ride Saturday? I know there is a bit of rain moving through today.

I'd rather not drive the extra 4 hours to AR, but can if need be.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.