Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
over my head
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to stay under $50.00 incl. shipping. Ive seen the Hoss camos on a couple of the sites for around $50.00 but then it's something like $10.00 - $12.00 to ship. Has anyone gotten a deal on these lately?
thx.

·
over my head
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind - scroll down - looks like Blue Sky is the best deal. THX!

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
The Hoss shorts are pretty good, one of my favorites. I've got a pair and they fit great and are very comfortable. They are a little on the heavy side, so if you're looking for light-weight shorts, the Hoss wouldn't be the ones for you. You'll be lucky to find any deals on them as they are popular shorts right now. Call Hoss and see how much it is to buy direct. Might save you some $$ on shipping.

Check out this pair from Primal Wear:
http://www.primal-sports.com/pc-327-10-expedition-loose-fit-cycling-short.aspx
It looks like they might fall into your budget. I've got a pair and they are pretty good. Not as good as the Hoss (IMHO) but good nevertheless.

·
over my head
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered them from BlueSky and they are now on backorder. has anyone had experience with BlueSky ? Will I get them in January?:confused:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
bullymadison said:
I ordered them from BlueSky and they are now on backorder. has anyone had experience with BlueSky ? Will I get them in January?:confused:
How long did it take for them to notify you of the BO status? I ordered some an hour ago - no word on shipping status yet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
bullymadison said:
BuleSky does that crap all the time. I used to order from them but I got sick of being told they're out of stock. That's a P I S S poor way to do business.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
TrailVictim said:
BuleSky does that crap all the time. I used to order from them but I got sick of being told they're out of stock. That's a P I S S poor way to do business.
I got my "currently out of stock" email at 8:00 last night! :mad:

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
el_chupo_ said:
guys, guys guys...price match to Jensonusa.com, they have the Camo ones in stock. mine will be here tomorrow

Good luck

Matt
That's what I did. BlueSky (BS, appropriately nicknamed) sent the "sorry, back ordered" email hours after I received confirmation my order for the shorts and some chainlube was being processed. So I called and the guy said my card was charged for the chain lube and TOTAL shipping. I told him to cancel, and he acted surprised.

"You mean you don't want the shorts?"

NO, I don't want to WAIT for the backordered shorts that were not listed as BACKORDERED on your site. He said it'd take 72 hours to credit my card. I'm going to check on Monday (which would be about 5 days later) before I unleash the remaining disdain for BS.

I had Jenson pricematch, and received my shorts before BS had them in stock.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
I ordered some directly from Hoss. They were a little more expensive but they were in stock!

EDIT: Well, that failed also. Not in stock at Hoss either - until September.

Anyone know of someplace that has the grey camo in a XL???

·
over my head
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I cant really complain - I got the email that they were backordered the same day that I placed the order. They responded that the back order would take at least until mid August. I cancelled and got another color and they shipped immediately. The price was right, the shipping was quick. Yeah, it would have been better if they had real time inventory like Jenson -but that's probably an expensive system and I don't think BlueSky has been around as long as Jenson. All in all I'm happy. I wish I had seen the post about price matching with Jenson earlier. They are out of stock noww too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.