Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run a set of Avid BB7's with the Tektro levers that came on my Monocog 29er. I'm trying to spice up my ride with some gold levers (to match the gold chain and a few other gold goodies I plan to put on the bike). I've searched Ebay and the web and came up with very little.

I found some swanky levers made by Dia Compe but the Gold Finger is a single finger BMX style lever (not sure if I want to limit myself to such little lever) and the Dirty Harry is a dual finger but the shape of the lever itself is terrible for a typical mountain bike bar setup.

Any ideas what options I have for gold levers? I've thought about having the levers powdercoated or anodized gold, but I'd rather just find something off the shelf. But, if it comes down to having them sent out to be anodized, are there any good companies out there that you would suggest? (we have a few local powdercoaters, but no anodizers that I know of)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Straitline doesn't make levers for cable brakes though. If you can find a pair used somewhere Alteks are the best lever ever made. Be prepared to spend $200 plus on a pair of levers that are 7+ years old though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.