Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MC Hammer
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, the GF and I will be visiting CB on Sunday, though she's in great shape and has been taking spinning classes for years, she's never ridden the trails before and I would like to get a ride in without leaving her by herself...........


I'm looking for something non-technical for a short ride just to get out and enjoy the scenery and take some pictures with her. can you recommend anything

Thanks for any info
 

·
MC Hammer
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, can anyone tell me how long the drive is from Aspen to CB.........teh google shows 2 hours but it's only 84 miles......seems a bit slow for me
 

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
Joined
·
12,453 Posts
XC Dawg said:
Also, can anyone tell me how long the drive is from Aspen to CB.........teh google shows 2 hours but it's only 84 miles......seems a bit slow for me
Depends how $hitty the road over Kebler Pass is... and how good of a rally driver you are. :cool:

Edit - I checked Google Maps and they route you over Schofield Pass through Paradise Basin? Make sure you have a GOOD 4x4 if you take this route. And it will take you a LOT longer than 2 hours I'd wager. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
Pretty much everything in CB is easy. Just lots of climbs and decents. Nothing I would call technical. The 401 is a HOOT and Half. Must do classic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
XC Dawg said:
umm, I don't have a 4x4........please tell me what route doesn't require one.

Thanks
From Aspen I believe the fastest way is to drive down to Carbondale, up 133 over McClure to Kebler, and in to CB. It'll take 2 -3 hrs depending on how fast you drive to Carbondale, and McClure. Take your time over Kebler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
And call it Kebler like Keb Mo not Keebler like the elves. As for cool scenery you could look in any direction and get that when you're in CB. Prepare to score major points if you take her on the Lower Loop most of the other rides might not be technical but as Shtles said those climbs make them non -beginner rides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
You should check out Strand Hill or Farris Creek if she like the Lower Loop. They're a little more challanging, but a lot more fun.
 

·
MC Hammer
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all!!!! we rode the lower loop and had a blast

Also wish I'd seen the post about Kebler pass before leaving on thursday as we ended up taking Schofield pass...........lets just say I won't ever do that again!!
 

·
MC Hammer
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
teleken said:
And call it Kebler like Keb Mo not Keebler like the elves. As for cool scenery you could look in any direction and get that when you're in CB. Prepare to score major points if you take her on the Lower Loop most of the other rides might not be technical but as Shtles said those climbs make them non -beginner rides.
yep!

it was her FIRST MTB ride ever and she is HOOKED
 

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
Joined
·
12,453 Posts
XC Dawg said:
Thanks all!!!! we rode the lower loop and had a blast

Also wish I'd seen the post about Kebler pass before leaving on thursday as we ended up taking Schofield pass...........lets just say I won't ever do that again!!
:lol: :lol:

Did you get over it at Paradise Divide??

:skep: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
XC Dawg said:
Thanks all!!!! we rode the lower loop and had a blast

Also wish I'd seen the post about Kebler pass before leaving on thursday as we ended up taking Schofield pass...........lets just say I won't ever do that again!!
So did you turn around and go back to Aspen. You can't get over Schofield right not even in a jeep.

Hmmmmm........
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top