Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to put a bashguard and chain guide on my Giant Pistol 1 which I use for DH. I have a TruVativ ISO Flow crankset (stock) 42/32/22. I want to take off the largest ring obviously, oh and its 4 bolts. I would really like your help in finding the cheapest bashguard and chain guide that will fit on my bike, Thanks alot for the help! (I would also preffer not to grind down my largest ring)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks. If I get the bash and guide Mwehahaha suggested, which guide do I get, the Bottom Bracket Mount, or the ISCG mount. I honestly don't know th difference at all. And also, is that race face bash a small one to give me extra clearance, or is it like super large. I want it to just fit over my middle ring.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
decemberdays27 said:
ok, thanks. If I get the bash and guide Mwehahaha suggested, which guide do I get, the Bottom Bracket Mount, or the ISCG mount. I honestly don't know th difference at all. And also, is that race face bash a small one to give me extra clearance, or is it like super large. I want it to just fit over my middle ring.
The RF bash will cover upto a 34T ring, so it will be fine for you. It will be a little bigger than your middle ring, but not alot bigger.

Also you need the BB mount for that frame you have. ISCG is where there is special mounting tabs on the BB shell of the frame. I highly doubt your frame has those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.