Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm pumped to get my first DH bike in a couple weeks:thumbsup: (or whenever fedex decides to deliver it). Its an Airborne Taka, which looks like a sweet single pivot DH rig. I'm just a beginner, but am definitely going to get into to it now since I have my own bike, and I live relatively close to Mt. Snow, Vermont. Since I won't be doing any serious racing, I'm just looking for a dh bike that is really smooth and plush over the small stuff and the fast stutter bumps. The Taka has 8 inches of rear travel and a 200mm 888 double crown fork, so it definitely is capable of taking big hits, but does that mean it will also be plush over the small bumps too? Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It should still be plush for you. The beauty with having 8" of travel is that there is enough suspension to be plush and still ramp up at the end. That being said though, you can set your bike up to feel however you like. If it rides harsh, get a lighter spring and/or dial back the compression; If it bottoms too easily, get a harder spring and/or dial in the compression.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.