Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little background. i usually am able to hit the trails about once a week and would like a nicer, lighter hardtail than what i have. i am considering going a couple of routes the first would be getting a new frame (voodoo wanga or soma groove) and fork (rs reba or similar) and transferring the rest from my current bike until i can afford to upgrade more or jensonusa.com has a great deal on a 07 dragon comp. i would like to deal locally but the price on the jamis is hard to ignore and since i have had great luck with my jamis roadie i would like to get another one. what are your guys thoughts?

https://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI297T00-Jamis+Dragon+Comp+Bike+07.aspx

my mtbs:
05 specialized hardrock pro

89 trek 950 singletrack ss

92 trek 950 singletrack

and jamis content while i am pic whoring:

upgraded to full 9speed ultegra

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Nice bike, that's for sure.

But...you have three hardtails, maybe you should try the Parker they have there on sale...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
If your current bike rides okay, I would not bother upgrading the frame. You should just save he money towards the purchase of the bike you really want. Especially because getting a new frame can end of being expensive because you often run into incompatability issues like derailleur clamp size, seatpost size, fork travel and fork tube length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.