Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to save some weight from my Jamis Dakota XC by losing the Hutchinson Python UST tires for conventional tires with stans. My question now is what tire to buy that will be light, but also have a good balance between grip and rolling resistance. The trails I ride are alot of roots and rocks, usually damp, often with short, steep climbs.sometimes long flat singletrack sections. The last two bikes I've bought have come with Python USTs, so I'm kinda out of date with what's available. Back int he day I used to love IRC Mythos XC tires, but now everyoen tells me that they are probably too low volume and high rolling resistance. Does anyone have a suggestion for another tire I might want to try? A racer buddy told me to try Specialized Fast Trak D2 tires, but I haven't seen them yet in person, so I'm not sure..... Trying not to spend an arm and a leg either!

Thanks!
Twigg

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
Twiggy said:
I'm trying to save some weight from my Jamis Dakota XC by losing the Hutchinson Python UST tires for conventional tires with stans. My question now is what tire to buy that will be light, but also have a good balance between grip and rolling resistance. The trails I ride are alot of roots and rocks, usually damp, often with short, steep climbs.sometimes long flat singletrack sections. The last two bikes I've bought have come with Python USTs, so I'm kinda out of date with what's available. Back int he day I used to love IRC Mythos XC tires, but now everyoen tells me that they are probably too low volume and high rolling resistance. Does anyone have a suggestion for another tire I might want to try? A racer buddy told me to try Specialized Fast Trak D2 tires, but I haven't seen them yet in person, so I'm not sure..... Trying not to spend an arm and a leg either!

Thanks!
Twigg
Kenda Karma Pro.

We use them a lot in NY, can be found as low as 430g, and work very well set up with Stan's. Mary McConneloug has raced around the world the last 2 years on the Karmas & Stan's with great results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.