Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Wasatch Stokebird
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)~

Joined MTBR a while back, but have mostly been lurking. Pretty stoked there is a women's forum on here, hope I get to meet some of ya'll this season as I'd love to find more gals to ride with.

Meanwhile, I've been riding a 2008 SC Juliana for the last 5 years and am looking to get a new bike this season (finally!) as I feel it's now holding my riding back. Looking to get into more technical downhill stuff, but still need a bike that can grind uphill no problem on the PC/Utah trails. I'd really like to stay on a 26" wheel as I have a custom wheel set that I'm rather attached to.

I've been looking at a few bike: Ibis SLR, Santa Cruz TRc, and Pivot 5.7c. I'm 5'3" with 28" inseam, so need a smaller frame. I got my hands on a 5.7c yesterday (XS size) and it was an amazing fitting/feeling bike. I'm pretty sold on it so far, but feel like I'm right between sizes (XS & Small).

I'd love to hear from you gals who are riding the Pivot 5.7 in either a small or XS to get a better feel on the sizing. Are you on a XS or S frame? What crank arm length are ya'll running? What stem length? What dropper seat?

Has anyone here demo'd all three and found a particular favorite?

Thanks ... really excited about potential new bike!!!

· Registered
244 Posts
I own a Pivot Mach 5.7c and at your height I would think you are best on the XS. They run quite large and I ride a small and am 5' 9" right on the upper limit of a small but having owned a 5.7 M it is definitely a better size for me.
I run 175mm cranks and would ride a M in Santa Cruz bikes. Can't help you on the XS as I'm too tall to consider that one!

· Registered
938 Posts
very cool. I am looking at the 5.7C as my next frame too. I am somewhat drinking the 27.5 coolade but the M6 is really way too much bike for me (and too expensive). I have a very sweet set of I9 wheels on my M5 that I would like to stick with as well. you are going to love the pivot in comparison with the Julianna. the DW link is a great suspension design. XS is the correct size for you. the bikes run a bit big.

· Wasatch Stokebird
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome SkiMtb. Good to hear. Gonna order it probably in the next few weeks here. YAY!

Fishercat: In the same boat, obsessed with my i9 xc purple wheelset, so really don't want to do a 27.5. It's been a pretty frustrating shopping experience though as all the bike companies are moving to that size and finding small frames is hard enough. Now I just need to decide between the pink or blue color scheme and pull the trigger! Oye, this is going to be pricey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.