Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I got a sweet deal on a '04 Jamis Dragon frame. I want to put a carbon fork on it, but am not sure about what size to put on it. There seem to be a lot on ebay, but the dropout to crown lengths vary. The frame was designed for an 80mm susp. fork. Any suggestions on brand and length?

Thanks,

The Rev. Patrick

·
=========
1,869 Posts
Is this Thee, The Reverend Patrick from Missouri?

If so.....Dude! Long time no see!

g

·
Registered
112 Posts
425mm and 445mm are the axle to crown measurments that are for most 26er's, that's not to say that you couldn't put a 465mm a-c on there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool...

That IS me. I'm still riding that same bike. I should have worn goggles going through that puddle. Thanks for posting it!

Patrick

·
smell the saddle...
612 Posts
I was looking for a good thread to break down rigid carbon forks:

1. Varied crown lengths differences (i.e. when riding noteable diffs if AC = 445mm or 465mm if running 26" or 650b front wheel)

2. Carbon leg response when riding in comparison to steel rigid.

3. Differences between all these rigid carbon forks (as there are so many and I understand most of them are made at teh saem factory in Tawian): Origin 8, White Bros, Pace, Niner, Carver, etc.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I bought a Shimano Pro Carbon 465 from a LBS employee. So far I am very happy with it. It is nearly indistinguishable in design from the WB rock solid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts