Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently picked up a 1990 Yeti Ultimate. I'm planning to have it painted, but needed to find a replacement head badge decal. Does anyone have any leads? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its actually MCK-74's Ultimate that he recently sold. I haven't taken any pics of it myself yet, but here are some of the pics of the ebay listing. Its a sweet frame and in great shape. It was re-painted around the seat collar after the reinforcement was welded on, but it lacks the same gloss as the rest of the frame.

In an early forum thread, you had told him that the stickers were not original. I was thinking about having Spectrum do the paint job. They can do the Yeti Ultimate on the downtube and the vertical Yeti on the seat stay, but I'm on my own for the head badge.

I saw that Yeti is selling some headbadge stickers on their website, but its only the line drawing of the sliding yeti man and I'm not sure if its the right size I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ScottyMTB said:
I think I got a few when I toured the factory a while back. Let me check.
Scotty,
Thanks for checking. Do you know if your decal is just a line drawing or if the white is filled in, like on my black yeti?

Attachments

·
1,529 Posts
onetonoffun said:
Amey..Help here....But were those reproduction decals from the Golden factory done in a light yellow stock so they could not be used as originals ?
Unc - the repros come with the Yeti sticker pack available on Yetifan.com... in my greenness I bought the single one off ebay for $35! Doh! Its just the 3rd gen Yetiman [sliding] outline. Finding a white-colored one for the black frame is going to take some work.

[email protected] is your man. Be patient.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Took some pics but my 2 year old is hogging the computer that I download pics to so it will have to wait a little bit. I can tell you the bad news now though, it is just an outline.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ScottyMTB said:
This is what they gave me and they made me promise not to sell them on Ebay.
ScottyMTB, Yeah, that sticker is the line drawing sticker available on the Yeti website. I think I'll try Gil from the UK. Thanks for looking, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ameybrook said:
Unc - the repros come with the Yeti sticker pack available on Yetifan.com... in my greenness I bought the single one off ebay for $35! Doh! Its just the 3rd gen Yetiman [sliding] outline. Finding a white-colored one for the black frame is going to take some work.

[email protected] is your man. Be patient.
Thanks for the lead! I'll shoot him an email.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Davin - glad you got the frame and like it mate! Do drop Gil a line. He has the artwork for all Yeti decals, I supplied him with some proofs and he has most of the headbadges. As AMeybrook says though, be patient. Gil's services are in high demand right now ;0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.