Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I bought Motobecane ULTRA eAdventure 2021 less than a year ago and rode it couple of times per month on fireroads. After a recent trip I noticed that two bolts fell off the bike as shown on pictures below:

When I pulled out the axle connecting the rocker link to frame it appears to be badly bent:

One of the metal bushings is also badly damaged:

Bearing for the rear suspension/frame connecting axle appear to be locked as well.

I've contacted bikesdirect about this a few days ago, but yet to hear a response. I am not seeing these spare parts on their website.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement axle? I am not able to locate this part so far as it appears to be 8mm x 60mm thru axle and most other bike manufacturers appear to use thicker 12mm axles.

Any other advice on how to fix the bike would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
You're going to need to hear back from BD. Most bike fasteners are not universal, so in most cases the only way to source new ones is through the manufacturer. You're not going to be able to find anything at an LBS or Home Depot.

·
furker
915 Posts
I had to laugh when I saw their FAQ actually has something about people not checking their bolts and having stuff fall off (emphasis added):

"5) Important Note: Issues from crashes/impacts are not defects. Stripped threads and/or parts that fall off like a pedal or crank are not defects as they are due to improper maintenance. Rust/Corrosion are not defects they are environmental effects. Although those are not defects we can try to help in some way- Send the photos, order number, contact info and a detailed description of the issue to bikesdirectservice AT gmail DOT com"

I only see FSX, Phantom, and HAL pivot bolts on their spare parts page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts