Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a steel frame 29er with rear rack and fender mounts so it can double as my commuter bike. After searching I am not having the best of luck. So far my list is the Soma Juice.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Remember that most rear racks are tricky to mount around disc breaks, so it may be worth it to run v's, or a bike with a good setup for the rack that avoids the disc area.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
The On-One Inbred has rack mounts and the disc brake is between the stays so there's no intereference with the rack. The frames are also pretty inexpensive if you order direct from On-One.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Got myself an Inbred 2nd Gen and will be picking it up from the LBS tomorrow.. Have to say the frame was awesome looking, solid, and was great all around. Do note that Unreal Cycles is the US distributor for them and you can pick up the frame for about $20 extra from them, great staff and ship super quick. Wife ordered me mine for Xmas and they sent it out the following monday (when they were supposed to be closed) and sent a travel coffee mug as an added item.. The new 3rd Gen's will have swap-outs...

·
Registered
71 Posts
G'day mate this is a much modded P1 sportster sold as a hybrid had 700c wheels and fits cyclocross tyres, the weight as pictured is 9.1kg.
It has rack eyelets built into the frame even the carbon fork has rack mounts.
Just throwin ideas at ya. :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
I actually just bought this piece on a whim, as I wanted more space, but don't have rack mounts. It is actually way more useful than I expected.

https://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FMW3-2NDS
Came in perfect condition for the record....it's not blemished. And I spoke to them on the phone...their warranty states they don't warranty closeouts, or blemed items. The dude on the phone laughed and was like "if it's got our name on it, we don't care how you got it...we'll take care of it".

It's always on my road bike now, but can easily be put on my mountain bike.

I wouldn't trust the bungee cords if you plan on mountain bike packing or anything, but if you're just use it for commuting or road touring, it can fit quite a bit, and is extremely solid and stable. I may try to use some solid straps rather than the bungees for some heavier duty use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.