Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to put 200 or 215 or so into a complete mountain bike. I have been looking at a Giant boulder and a Trek 820. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
253 Posts
It depends on what you plan to do with your bike. Will it mainly be ridden on the road? Will it be hopped of curbs or jumped? Are you going to ride it on local trails? What is your history of biking? LAst, what is your max price to spend?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would ride the bike on the street and 1 to 3 times a month hit a good trail. No curb hoping or anything like that. Before this bike I had a 100 buck wal-mart bike that was the biggest pos on the face of the earth. My limit for spending on this bike is $215.

·
Registered
649 Posts
cgriggs said:
I would ride the bike on the street and 1 to 3 times a month hit a good trail. No curb hoping or anything like that. Before this bike I had a 100 buck wal-mart bike that was the biggest pos on the face of the earth. My limit for spending on this bike is $215.
Far out man, best advice is to buy your local trading post type paper and scour the bike section for something suitable. Then if you see a bike that sounds interesting get a friend who is bike-savvy to have a look with you. Or post the info here and ask peoples opinions.
Sometimes you can really find good bargains secondhand, but always ask for help if unsure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.